– Price: $25Buy Now
– Lifetime access to this training package including updates for a one-time purchase price
Layer 2 VPN (L2VPN) allows client networks to extend Layer 2 services (VLANs) across a Layer 3 network that may be utilizing MPLS VPN. L2TPv3 and EoMPLS are technologies that support point-to-point L2 tunnels where VPLS support point-to-multipoint L2 tunnels. So understanding the requirements and choosing the best technology to align with your requirements is important. In our training workbook we will discuss these concepts and components involved with building Layer 2 tunnels over a Layer 3 network. We will show you the design aspects, step-by-step configuration including how to confirm these L2VPN operations on the network.
This training workbook will provide the following:
- Learn the concepts of L2VPN that matter in terms of the components and protocols involved.
- Learn how to design L2VPN as a solution with practical steps, considerations, and tools.
- Learn how to configure L2VPN with best practices and get operational step-by-step configuration.
- Learn how to monitor, troubleshoot, and confirm the operational state of L2VPN in your configured network.
This is what we call C.D.C.M (Concepts, Design, Configuration, Monitor), important for network engineers and consultants to know how to manage a network in real time.
Workbook Solution (PDF), Network Diagrams
Below are the topics included in this training package:
- Ethernet over MPLS (EoMPLS)
- VPLS (Port-Based or QinQ)
- VPLS (VLAN-Based)
- L2TPv3 using Static Tunnels
- MPLS VPN
- OSPF and EIGRP routing
Michel has spent the last 18 years as a network engineer/architect. As a 15-year CCIE, Michel loves the opportunity to provide training in a wide-array of network technologies. He formerly worked at Cisco, as well as in government, banking, and non-profit organizations. He has published the “Network Design Cookbook” and a science fiction novel called “The Dark End”. He has also published various iOS applications (virtual Network Engineer, Circlefalls) that can be found on Apple’s iOS App Store. Other software development experience includes python and SDN. Currently, Michel is the owner, Chief Network Architect and Lead Trainer at RouteHub Group, LLC.