The Remote Rack is an isolated lab built as a practical network with redundant Cisco Routers and Switches based on the network topology. It also includes a Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Firewall appliance that you can use within the remote lab. The remote lab contains the following type of products:
- Cisco ISR Routers
- Cisco Catalyst Switches
- Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Firewall appliance
This rack is ideal for engineers or consultants who want hands-on experience with deploying a Cisco Network Infrastructure and using Next-Generation firewalls on the Internet Edge. You can do many real-world configuration for some of the following scenarios which is possible in our remote lab:
- You can configure VLAN, 802.1Q trunking, and IP Routing (OSPF, EIGRP, RIP).
- You can configure BGP with our Lab Internet
- You can configure Site-to-Site VPN using IPSec VTI to even DMVPN.
- You can configure Client IPSec or SSL VPN in our remote lab.
- You can configure security policies (rACL, CBAC, NGFW)
- You can configure routing across the WAN to a branch router.
- You can configure Filtering based on Applications and Micro-Applications (on the NGFW appliances).
- You can configure Filtering based on Devices/Endpoints (on NGFW appliances)
- You can configure SSL Decryption (on the NGFW appliances).
- And much more based on what you want to configure.
The topology is using the following hardware (and OS):
- Cisco ISR 2801 (C2801-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 15.1(3)T Advanced IP Services
- Cisco Catalyst 3750 (WS-C3750-24TS), Version 12.2(25)SEC2 Advanced IP Services
- Cisco Catalyst 2950 (WS-C2950-24), Version 12.1(22)EA3
- Palo Alto Networks 200 (PA-200), Version 7.0.1
Its important to read through the Remote Rack Instructions document before your scheduled time is available to use the most of the remote lab. Below are other usage of the Remote Lab:
- Does not include lab guides. Those can be purchased separately (not available at this time).
- Does not include engineer assistance with your configuration. That would be a separate service we will provide.
- Basic support via email is provided if you experience any issues accessing the equipment during your lab session. Before your session we will confirm
that everything is in working order.
- The Remote Lab Session(s) you purchased must be used within 3 months or they will expire.
- Make sure to select your appropriate timezone when scheduling for a remote lab session. The default timezone is set to US/Pacific Zone (GMT -8).
- You will have console access to the equipment that you can configure based on what is supported with the installed IOS.
- If you need to reschedule it must be done 24 hours in advanced prior to your scheduled session.
- Its recommended to use either Firefox or Chrome for the web browser when accessing the remote lab.