– Price: $55Buy Now
– Lifetime access to this training package including updates for a one-time purchase price
Cisco Centralized Wireless Solution provides a simplified method for deploying and managing wireless networks. In this solution a Wireless Controller is added into the network responsible for administering and configuring all the access points dynamically for the SSID, security, and other options available. A Cisco Decentralized Wireless Solution excludes the Wireless LAN Controller where each AP on the network in managed and configured. A Centralized Wireless Solution is recommended due to flexibility, scalability, and ease of network administration. However, the a Decentralized Wireless Solution, though has a higher administration, is cheaper and more ideal for Small networks.
This training workbook and video series will provide the following:
- Learn the concepts of WLAN solutions that matter in terms of the components and protocols involved.
- Learn how to design WLAN as a solution with practical steps, considerations, and tools.
- Learn how to configure various WLAN solutions with best practices with step-by-step configuration.
- Learn how to monitor, troubleshoot, and confirm the operational state of WLAN in your configured network.
This is what we call C.D.C.M (Concepts, Design, Configuration, Monitor), important for network engineers and consultants to know how to manage a network in real time.
Videos (MP4) for Decentralized Solution [~78 minutes], Workbook (PDF) for Centralized Solution
Centralized Wireless Solution Topics (Workbook Solution):
- Wireless Centralized Design
- VLAN and 802.1Q Network Configuration
- Setting up a Centralized Wireless Network
- Access Point Configuration
- Wireless Management
- Detection of Rogue Access Points
- Setting up a Wireless Guest Network
- Initial WLAN Controller (WLC) setup
- Wireless Security using WPA
- Cisco 2125 Wireless LAN Controller (WLC)
- Cisco LWAPP 1130AG Access Points
- Cisco ISR 2801 Router
- Cisco Catalyst 2960 PoE Switch
Decentralized Wireless Solution Topics (Video-Lite Series) [~78 minutes]
- Wireless Decentralized Design
- LAN Configuration
- VLAN, 802.1Q
- IRB Bridging
- ACL for Public network
- Wireless IOS Access Point Configuration
- Basic Configuration
- VLAN, 802.1Q
- IRB Bridging
- Configure WLAN networks: Private, Public
- Wireless using WPA/TKIP with PSK
- Testing Wireless Connectivity
- Connecting to the Private network
- Connecting to the Public network
- Cisco Aironet 1220 Access Points
- Cisco UC520 (for LAN solution)
- MS Windows 7 Enterprise Wireless Client
Cisco AP541N For Small Business (Video-Lite Series)
- Initial Access to the AP541N
- Changing the Management IP Address
- Configuring the two Wireless Networks (Private, Guest) for SSID and VLAN tag
- Testing Wireless Access for the Private and Guest Network
The instructor for this certification series, Michel Thomatis, has spent the last 15 years as a network engineer/architect. As a 10-year CCIE, he loves the opportunity to provide training in a wide-array of network technologies. He formerly worked at Cisco, as well as in government, banking, and non-profit organizations. Currently, he is Chief Network Architect and Lead Trainer at RouteHub Group, LLC.