– Price: $10Buy Now
– Lifetime access to this training package including updates for a one-time purchase price
Video Length: 50 minutes
Resources: Configuration, Diagram and Presentation Files
In this technology video, we will show you how to setup Enhanced Object Tracking (EOT). Enhanced Object Tracking is a network feature that you can configure on a Cisco router to allow certain objects to be tracked. It can then be used by other features/protocols such as HSRP to make a certain action based on the state of that object. These objects can be the interface state on a router or route reachability.
Our topology will involve two Internet edge routers connected up to the Internet and setup for HSRP and EOT.
The objectives in these videos will be the following:
- We will first setup HSRP between our two edge routers and show that it doesn’t provide 100% reliability
- We will setup EOT to monitor the WAN interface state on the primary Edge router
- We will setup EOT to monitor route reachability
- We will setup EOT using Boolean tracking to monitor multiple EOT objects
- We will setup EOT using Threshold tracking to monitor multiple EOT objects with certain weight values assigned
- And we will be doing a lot of failover testing to make sure that our EOT configuration is working
You will also get the full configuration file for the Cisco router that we use for setting up Enhanced Object Tracking in our environment.
Michel has spent the last 18 years as a network engineer/architect. As a 15-year CCIE, Michel loves the opportunity to provide training in a wide-array of network technologies. He formerly worked at Cisco, as well as in government, banking, and non-profit organizations. He has published the “Network Design Cookbook” and a science fiction novel called “The Dark End”. He has also published various iOS applications (virtual Network Engineer, Circlefalls) that can be found on Apple’s iOS App Store. Other software development experience includes python and SDN. Currently, Michel is the owner, Chief Network Architect and Lead Trainer at RouteHub Group, LLC.